FLEA FEST OFFICIAL VENDOR RULES & REGULATIONS
- Booth Space Placement Within Rented Sections - Specific spaces will not be guaranteed. Although vendors may request a space within the section rented, show officials will make final
decisions and determinations as to which spaces vendors will be assigned within the section booked. Assignments may not be issued or available until very close to or on the show date
(Generally, the Monday of the week of the show). No refunds will be issued based on a vendor's disagreement of placement within the booked area.
- Vendor parking on show days - Vendors are ONLY allowed to park in the designated vendor parking lot which is located in the back of the barn (East side) and accessible through the entrance on
Gauthier Rd. Handicap parking for those vendors who NEED to be close to their spaces and request upon entering vendor parking will be directed to designated areas. But they MUST enter
through the vendor parking area. No vendors are to enter through the VIP parking gate. This gate is for shoppers and will be opened at the show's start time ONLY.
- Vendor Trailers And Box Trucks - *Parking of trailers is no longer permitted in the vendor parking area. If you plan to bring a trailer or box/rental truck, PLEASE READ THE NEW RULES
HERE that pertain to trailers and box trucks (like U-Haul, Ryder etc. trucks). NO TRAILERS OR VENDOR VEHICLES
ARE TO BE LEFT IN THE VIP PARKING AREA after Friday's load in hours. Violators will be towed at the owners' expense.
- Although we work to ensure that all returning vendors are made aware of relevant vendor registration dates, it is ultimately the responsibility of the vendor to stay informed regarding upcoming
registraton dates via the Flea Fest Facebook page or www.fleafest.com
- Smoking & Vaping - As our venue is a government-operated facility, smoking and vaping is NOT PERMITTED within the cover of the barn or in restrooms.
- Animals - Exotic, hybrid, dangerous animals are not be permitted by any pet rescue group or vendor. No reptiles of any kind will be permitted on the premesis. Due to parish laws, the sale of dogs
and cats is not permitted. Only rescue/adoptions of dogs and cats will be permitted.
- Pets (except service animals) are not permitted at the show. In some very special cases exceptions MAY be made for vendors if they are traveling from out of town with their pet. Prior
approval must be obtained and the pet must have all up to date vaccinations and be kept confined from attendees. (Burton Complex rules may differ from
ours in the vendor camping area. If you plan to bring pets, please refer to their specific rules for prior to arrival.) PS-We love pets...this is simply a safety issue for the pets as well as all
- Adoptable Animals/Farmers' Market Animals - All adoptable pets/livestock must have proof of vaccinations and must be contained or leashed at all times. Other restrictions may apply. Vendors
with large livestock (horses, goats, sheep) must be approved prior to booking.
- Vendors are permitted to be in the booth space area only during designated show times and designated vendor extended hours. Please see the complete schedule in the Vendor Set Up Day link to your
- Vendors are permitted to setup tents and/or overhead structures PROVIDED they are within the dimensions of the rented booth space. FOR EXAMPLE: If the rented space is 8x10 and a
vendor sets up a 10x10 tent/structure that encroaches a walkway, the Flea Fest staff reserves the right to move it. In the event that this type ofsituation occurs, we will take
careful precaution in moving items, but will not be liable for damage to the tent, structure or any other vendor items.
- Vendors must provide completed vendor registration form and payment in full must be received before vendor is officially registered.
- Spaces will not be officially reserved until payment is recieved in full, thus paying by mailing of a check may delay or hinder your reservation.
- Booth space reservations are non-refundable. Please understand that once you submit your registration we reserve a space for you in that section, which means that space is no longer
available for sale, so if you cancel at the last minute we may have lost another vendor who could have rented the space. This is why we do not refund for cancellations.
- No firearms will be permitted for sale at or on the premises of the Flea Fest show.
- No pornographic or lewd materials will be permitted to be sold or displayed at Flea Fest.
- Vendors, you are required to provide your own tables, chairs and all other supplies to set up your space. We do have a small number of tables for rent and you can do so on the Vendor
- Vendors who wish to donate their unsold merchandise to the C.A.R.C. donation truck at the end of the sale must deliver the merchandise from the booth space to the truck. We will try to make
it as convenient as possible, but it is the vendors' responsibility to transport any donation items to the truck. Please do not just abandon items in your booth. We do not have the staff to
load your items. Vendors with abandoned items left in your space that we have to move will be billed a clean up fee of $25. If you have health issues/disabilities and need assistance to move
items to the truck, please see a staff member, and we will make every effort to help those individuals who have health issues or disabilities.
- Electricity - 110 Power will be available to each space (UNLESS NOTED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM), but vendors MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN EXTENSION CORDS. Most outlets should be within 15 feet of
any vendor space but there are some circumstances that the outlets are further. Any electrical needs above a standard 110 usage with a regular amount of pull will be subject to additional charges and
must be pre-arranged and pre-approved with Flea Fest staff. No exceptions!
- Water & Ice - Water access will be accessible to food vendor spaces but vendors must provide their own hose(s) and a method to drain water. Vendors utilizing water must also dump collected
water in either one of the livestock wash bays or outside a good distance away from the barn as to not effect other vendors or shoppers. ICE may NOT BE DUMPED anywhere on the ground within the fenced
in area of the barn. It may be emptied in wash bays directly South of the restrooms (in the unused "sheep" pens area). This is an important SAFETY ISSUE! If ice is dumped in any traffic area,
it could cause a slipping hazzard.
- Security & Safety -CPSO Law enforcement security guards will be on site overnight and during set up and show days, and we will make every effort to protect our vendors' merchandise and
safety, but we are not responsible for incidents that are out of our control. Please cover your merchandise at the end of the day Friday and Saturday and exit the area as soon as possible after
show closes and once your booth area is clear of shoppers. We encourage vendors to carry event insurance for protectin in the event of any incidental damages/thefts. Although security will be
provided, neither Flea Fest, the Burton Complex, and/or any staff member, sponsor, partner, or owner(s) of either Flea Fest or the Burton Complex are responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged
merchandise. Reasonable care will be taken by our staff to protect your items, but we are not responsible for any damages to vendor merchandise outside of reasonable expectations. By entering into
the Flea Fest show as a vendor, you agree to hold Flea Fest & Burton Complex harmless for any and all damages to property, mechandise, and or
injuries to and or by vendors and or employees of vendors, and/or attendees that are possibly injured while at the event.
- VENDOR PASS ALLOTMENTS - 2 VENDOR PASSES will be automatically included with each vendor registration form received, regardless of the quantity of spaces booked by that vendor. Vendors may
purchase up to 4 additional vendor passes within the registration form. Additional Vendor passes are $7ea. Passes will admit one person be valid for both days of the show. Vendor passes are to be
used ONLY for additional staff working within your space. Misuse of vendor passes may result in banning for future shows. Alternatively, you may
simply purchase regular tickets, which are only $5 ea. and are good for a single day.
- Vendor Pass Allotment Exceptions may include:
- -Multiple spaces in separate sections. (IF BOOKED IN SEPARATE SECTIONS ONLY), 2 additional passes will be included per additional section. Example: If one space is booked
within the Marketside South section and a separate space is booked within Market Square, you would automatically receive 4 vendor passes.
-Children of vendors. Children 12 and under do not require vendor passes and are admitted free with an adult with a vendor pass.
- Handicap/Special Needs - Please contact us IN ADVANCE of the show if you feel you will need special provisions for a wheelchair or other handicap access needs. This venue has certain areas
that may be difficult to navigate for handicapped vendors, but if you let us know what your needs are as early as possible prior to the show, we will gladly try our best to accomodate those
- Alcohol & Drugs - No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are to be sold or consumed on the premesis at any time during the show or on set up and tear down dates/times.
- Illegal Merchandise - No illegal merchandise of any kind is to be sold at any time during the show. If you are caught selling any illegal merchandise, you will be asked to leave immediately
and the authorities will be notified. If asked to leave for this purpose, no refunds will be issued for your space rental.
- Brand Exclusive Vendors - Exclusivity on any products or foods will NOT be guaranteed to any vendors, with the exception of sponsored "official" items of the show. We will make every effort
to honor brand exclusive product vendors to the first one registered, or to first right of renewal from the previous show (If signed up within first 24 hours of opening of registration.) Show
officials make all final decisions regarding exclusive brands and who will and will not be permitted in the show. If you have a brand-exclusive product and are unsure if you will be exclusive,
the best option is to email prior to registration and get approval for that exclusivity or to see if another vendor has already registered with that exclusive product. If you do not seek
approval first, your registration cannot be guaranteed and your registration may be revoked. We also cannot be responsible for vendors who fail to alert us if they are selling an exclusive brand,
which may result in duplicates of said brand. If this happens, vendors selling same brand may be required to work out the situation amungst themselves and if either duplicate brand vendor decides to
vacate, they do so at their own will, and no refunds will be issued.
- Check-in Day - VENDOR CHECK-IN Day is the Friday prior to the show for ALL VENDORS. FRIDAY (the day before the show weekend) IS ALSO LOAD IN DAY FOR ALL MERCHANDISE for all vendors with the
possible exception of the actual "pets" for Pet Rescues and/or Farm animals. Those vendors MUST make arrangements with the Flea Team ahead of show if special needs are required. All vendors must
follow the alloted load in time for your section. SEE YOUR TIME HERE. Absolutely no vendor vehicles will be allowed into the barn during show
- Vendors must participate in both days and all open hours of the show. As our shoppers pay a gate fee to enter the event, they expect our full vendor group to be set up for both days of the
show. As a result, it is unfair for vendors to leave early or not continue through the entire show. Any vendor who does not adhere to this rule may be prohibited from participating in
future Flea Fest events. If emergency or health-related circumstances arise, please speak with a Flea Team member about your situation and how to proceed.
- Dress Code - Flea Fest is a family friendly event. As such, a conservative and decent dress code is enforceable at the sole discretion of Flea Fest organizers.
- Table Rentals...If vendors elect to rent tables from Flea Fest, the following rules must be apply:
Portable Heaters - Burton Complex does not permit the use of space heaters within the barn. If weather is cold and that is a problem for you, we recommend
dressing in layers and using products such as "Hot Hands" (See product
Vendors are solely responsible for any banking institution fees incurred due to NSF (Non-sufficient Funds) checks. Additionally, Flea Fest will assess a $25 returned-check fee for all instances of
- Additional/Changes in Rules - We reserve the right to add additional rules and change/revise rules, as needed. Should this be done, additional copies of revised rules will be available at the
show and will be posted at the show as well. Thank you.